Mid-Level Postgres Database Administrator (DBA)
This is a Full Time Work From Home Position.
Cavulus is seeking a mid-level postgres database administrator with strong database scripting and automation skills. The successful candidate will have experience managing Postgres databases in an AWS environment through scripted, repeatable processes, and working closely with development teams to tune queries for performance.
- Write scripts to fully automate configuration and maintenance of databases including creation of fully configured database environments, data migration, monitoring, and release management.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Understand how the company's application/product uses the databases and work with the application development team to optimize schema, queries, stored procedures, and functions to achieve optimum application performance with respect to the database.
- Perform peer review of changes to the production databases.
- Implement and maintain a CI/CD process for database updates for software releases.
- Must be detail orientated and have excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS or similar; with 3+ years of DBA / database development experience in Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, or AWS Aurora.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) using EC2 and RDS databases.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, replication techniques, clustering, authentication, partitioning and security issues in a SaaS operations environment.
- Experience with database security concepts, including access, auditing, and encryption.
- Development experience in Bash and PL/pgSQL required; Ruby, Python, or Golang experience preferred.
- Experience with DevOps environments using configuration management systems such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet preferred.
- Full Time Work From Home Position
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k/Roth Plans with Company Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
Most of our team works over 40 hours most weeks. Not because of unrealistic deadlines, but rather because we love what we do and strive to be the best. We choose to work hard because it is rewarding. Our contributions are acknowledged by our managers, and our successes praised. We empower our team to make decisions rather than asking for approval. Micromanaging doesn't exist here. We encourage taking risks and sometimes failing, because we understand that's how we get better.
We believe our philosophy builds trust, encourages growth, and drives new ideas. We believe in each other. If you're the type of person that has always looked at things and wished you had the autonomy to fix them without red tape, knowing you have a team that will back you up, this might be the place for you.